Thursday, January 31, 2013

Book Review: Avenir Eclectia



I really enjoyed this book, very engaging and full in interesting stories. As with any collection of stories, there were some stories I liked better then others. Travis Parry and H.A. Titus were my favorite authors. Fred Warren was my least favorite and I even skipped some of them because they were to bizarre for my taste.

Many of the characters appear in more then one story and over the course of the book, you get to know them and the culture of Avenir Eclectia.

I loved the style of this book. I don't think I have ever read short stories so well put together or cohesive. The well built culture that is so different then our own pulls all the stories together and makes you want more. The faith elements in many of the stories were so wonderful to see in a genre that has it so rarely

As I said, there were a few bizarre stories, and telepathic communication is used some (though not between humans). Creatures that are called angles (or demons if bad) can be a bit weird but didn't keep me from liking most of the stories about them.

I recommend this to Sci-Fi lovers, or those interested in learning how good, multi-authored micro-fiction is done

No comments:

Post a Comment