Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Book Review; The Pirate Daughters Promise

By Sarah Holman
Picture


How far would you go to keep a promise? Skyler McHenry is faced with this question in the thrilling high seas adventure by Molly Evangline.

When Molly agreed to do an interview for Homeschool authors, I went to her website to do some research. When I saw that The Pirate Daughter’s Promise was only 99 cents, I decided to buy it.  I am so glad I did.

From the gripping opening to the final, touching page, I was enthralled with Skyler's story. Orphaned and with only two friends in the world, Skyler leads a hard life.  She keeps a secret her father had made her promise not to reveal until she finds someone who loves her and she trusts completely.  A secret concerning a hidden pirate treasure.

I was skeptical when I began this book, as I have never really liked pirate stories.  As a lover of history, I had learned too much about pirates to ever think of them as good guys in films or books.  I was delightfully surprised at this book.  This was not about a “Christian” pirate, nor was piracy shown as acceptable.  The good captain and his crew hunt pirates and return the stolen goods.

I loved the faith and morals displayed in The Pirate Daughter’s Promise.  Prayer not only is a normal part of life, it works.  The romance will stand up to the highest moral standards.  This book is very wholesome and refreshing.

If you are looking for a book full of adventure that is faith building, The Pirate Daughter’s Promise is a wonderful choice.


No comments:

Post a Comment